Saturday, February 10, 2007

spillage

I could write about Roo walking into the kitchen yesterday, his head dripping with the shampoo he dumped all over it.
"Bath?" he inquired.

I could also write about the Tupperware cereal container that slipped out of my hands and fell on the counter in just he right way for it to burst open showering Cheerios everywhere.
"Cheeeeeohs!"Roo exclaimed.

But what I'm going to write about is my experience Monday morning. Freezing, frigid, ten below zero with the wind chill cold Monday morning. Tom had taken the girls to school, I was running late with Roo, and I had forgotten to warm up the car. As I opened the van door to hoist Roo in, I was startled to see what my mind registered as tan rocks all over the floor.

I was flummoxed as I buckled him in. What the hell was that stuff? Then I saw this, and two others just like it:


Yes, the day before I had had another spill, that of two twelve packs of soda falling off the back seat in just the right way to burst themselves open and send twenty-four cans of Pepsi and Diet Rite cascading across the floor.

I thought I had fished them all out...not so much.

It was pretty amazing how the cans busted at the seams and sent projectiles of frozen soda all over the interior. I really wish I could have seen it. Some of it formed a pool and froze between the two front seats. I worked diligently for a good twenty minutes with an ice scraper and a broom, and I got most of it out.

"Mommy doing?!?!?!?" Roo asked repeatedly.

And you wonder why I didn't want to captain that oil tanker.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bath? Damn, that's cute.

You *know*, the weather could have warmed before you found the tan rocks, thus making them 2 inches of tan, sticky water soaking into your trunk water.

Mommy doing? Selling the car before daddy gets home, sweetie.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack could be the shampooed headed spokesman for the new product you invented of "Diet Tan Rocks", but nobody but the girls could understand what he would be saying.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home