Friday, August 24, 2007

snow day!

Er, should I say "power outage day?" School was cancelled Friday due to a big 'ol tree that fell on some power lines, a transformer (wait is that the right word? Like Optimus Prime?) or some such.

At any rate, Thursday night around 10:30, the house phone rang, at the same time as my cell, while I received an email alert from Yahoo!- all telling me there's no school. Wow. At least I know I'll be informed about these things. I was waiting for a knock on the door from our principal, all out of breath because he had been running house to house to inform people.

Third day in, and they get a day off.

That afternoon The weather WAS really bad. We were chased by this awful storm. Seriously, the sky was bright and beautiful ahead of us, and the rearview mirror reflected he blackest, spookiest sky I've ever seen. By the time we got to my mom's, the tornado warning sirens were blaring and it was dark, dark, dark and reeeealy windy.

E started screaming and crying. It took quite a while to talk her down. Even though, according to Tom Skilling the really dangerous stuff was south of us, E kept crying, "Make it stop! Somebody make it stop!"

Her little brother came to the rescue. J marched up to the window and yelled, "Stop it thunder!!!!! E doesn't like you!!!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice going J, way to protect your sister. What a good guy!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home