Sunday, October 29, 2006

timber

One of the trees in our backyard had to come down. It was half dead, dropped super huge scary branches with every storm, and recently sprouted a very disturbing wall of mushrooms up its trunk. It was very old, and seeing it come down was a little sad. Here it is in its full glory:



Here it is after all of the major branches were removed. (also after Tony spent many hours balancing precariously with at chainsaw on the highest of branches...I had to stop watching after a while, as it gave me that vertigo stomach flutter and I was watching from inside my kitchen.):



Here it is falling. (I was quite pleased that I was able to get this picture):




Here's a close-up of the fallen trunk. Tom took it. I think it is a beautiful picture:




The only thing you are missing, dear readers, is an awesome picture of my brother-in-law standing atop the trunk, holding a chainsaw, and wearing a saucy pair of assless chaps (yes with pants underneath). I took the picture and he made me promise that it wouldn't wind up on the interweb. I am true to my word, so you will have to have to do without that image.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you at least sent a copy of that picture to your brother-in-law. (who, i am sure, would not really care if it was posted with the rest)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWOWOWOWOW!! Sure glad
it fell AWAY from the house :-)

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home