Sunday, October 15, 2006

little miss sunshine

We saw Little Miss Sunshine Saturday night (thanks Laura). It was too good to condense down into a haiku. Or maybe I'm too lazy to count syllables. At any rate, great movie. Steve Carrel was so good. He gave this incredibly understated performance. All the performances were great, actually. All the characters' flaws and strengths were portrayed with so much honesty and depth through sheer acting more so than through the dialog or plot. It was quirky, sad, sweet, disturbing and funny all at the same time. It also contains one of the funniest dance sequences that I have ever seen, I and I will never again hear Rick James' Superfreak without thinking of this movie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your review was dead on, except I still contend that the one uncomfortable scene that didn't need to be. But anyway, the performances were outstanding.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home