Thursday, October 12, 2006

post in which she defends her vocabulary

Two people, who shall remain nameless, accused me of making up a word yesterday.

I related the following story to them:

I visited a chiropractor whom I have never seen before because my regular doctor was unavailable, and I had to bring Jack along. She barely looked at me when we first walked in because she was staring oddly at Jack. She said, "Whoa! He looks so much like my son." "Really?" I replied. "No. Seriously, you have to see this," she said. She then showed me a picture of him. Scary, I tell you. They could have been twins, it was so freaky. Jack has kind of an odd hair color, a mix of blonde and red and his was exactly the same...his eyes, skin tone, facial expression- totally the same. Plus, he was wearing a sweatshirt that Jack had worn the day before! Jack has a doppleganger!

This is the point in the story that both people said, "HUH? a what?!"
"You know, an exact double...evil twin... doppleganger," I replied.
"You made that word up," they both asserted.

All I have to say is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppleganger

(Unfortunately, there really should be an umlaut over the 'a' but I have no idea how to enable that cool little doohickey on my keyboard. I love a good umlaut)

So, there you go.

Anyway, Jack was really pretty good during my adjustment....with the exception of when I was laying on my back, putting myself in that zen zone I have to get into before she cracks my neck, because it still kind of freaks me out a little. I always picture a hunter grabbing a wounded deer by it's antlers and abruptly twisting to break its neck- yeah I know I'm twisted- can't help it...but I digress. So I'm all ready and the doctor says, "Um, hold on, someone wants to give you something." I open my eyes, and there's Jack holding a fist full of raisins over my face. "Mama," he says, as he proceeds to stuff them in my mouth. It was hysterical.

Anyway, all I'm saying is 'doppleganger' is a word, and Jack has one...

as, apparently, do I:


See? All I'm missing is the the 22-25% of gorgeous and it's uncanny. Using this technology, you can see which celebrity of the opposite sex you look like as well. I was Ashton Kutcher... also minus the 25% of gorgeous.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the program miss Kimmy Gibler?????

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest sister, that WASN'T me.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home