Wednesday, February 13, 2008

hail to the seven-year-old chief

In honor of President's Day and the presidential primary season, K's class made a snazzy presidential booklet. There were worksheets about the duties of the commander-in-chief, fact sheets about Linclon and Washington, (What? No Franklin Pierce page?!) and the last page asked them to draw a picture of someone they thought would make a good president, and write a sentence telling why. Here was K's page:



If you can't read the text, it says, "Jacqlyn would make a good president because she is really loyal." I tried to think back to being in first grade and wondered how I would have filled out this sheet. Then again, I don't remember being asked my opinion about anything in first grade (Sr. Consolatta was too busy scrunching my ear and instilling terror into my soul) I certianly don't think I would have drawn one of my female contemporaries though. I think I would have said my dad, who IS very presidential (hi Dad!). In light of our current political race, I thought K's choice was pretty cool.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

K is cool and thanks for the kind words, love.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

S put me down as being a good pres because I'm kind and nice. Obviously this was before yesterday's "incident".

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the text actually reads "relly loyal". Keep it real.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K is very perceptive and kudos to her for understanding loyalty.

And you're right, Dad is very presidential. He'd get my vote.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home