Friday, February 08, 2008

we bought the farm...wait, no!



My son and I MADE a farm- a quaint wooden farm, with little wooden livestock, barn, shed, and (my favorite part) a silo. I really enjoy saying silo, but I digress.

J has been kind of obsessed with playing games on the computer lately. He can navigate many a kid friendly website and rawk hard and take names at just about anything on NickJr. Playtime.com. I feel the requisite mommy guilt when my kids get too much "screen time," and J has seen a lot in the last few weeks. I am busier than I've ever been with the programs I am currently producing. I, too, have been a bit overloaded with screen time between writing, editing, and viewing footage.

But, when J asked my assistance with his foray into miniature agriculture, we had the best time. He was so great at putting things together, arranging the various parts, making animal noises, and ordering me around. I basically got to sit back and take in how cute, smart, and funny he is. What a great toy (thanks to Kar's mom -a.k.a. Auntie Denny). No bells, no whistles- literal or metaphorical, just simple blocks.

It was one of those "you've got to stop and smell the roses" type reminders, and luckily, in this case, I didn't have to smell any actual farm odors.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you both had a very nice time. Hi ho the dairy oh!

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute picture

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home