Monday, February 25, 2008

lunchtime post regarding astronomy, ballet, and golden statuettes

If these were at all clear, you would see the very cool lunar eclipse from the other night.







We had a perfect view from our back deck, and luckily so because the girls were able to experience the whole thing while I fumbled clumsily with the telescope to no avail (I'm not good).

K had her big ballet recital on Saturday.



We tamed the wild red mane, and achieved the perfect bun.



She did great and had a stage presence that my friend m described as "regal."
The decoration in the high school auditorium however, may give you the false impression that they were dancing at a Bar Mitzvah.



Oscar night low: Juno only won one award

Oscar night high: Hands down seeing Glen Hansard, Markéta Irglová performing and then winning for "Falling Slowly"



and their humble inspiring acceptance speeches.


Okay, back to work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Three-fer post.

The eclipse of the moon was very cool, I'm glad you reminded me after I reminded you!

K's performance was indeed regal! Her head was held so proudly, it was outstanding.

I clapped and cheered when Falling Slowly won for the best song. Their acceptance speeches were so genuine. Hope they stay like they are and not "go Hollywood".

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home