Monday, September 22, 2008

autumn attitude

It's no secret how I feel about Fall.

I always feel like this:




"I want to go south, where there is no autumn, where the cold doesn't crouch over one like a snow-leopard waiting to pounce." - D. H. Lawrence

"Now it is autumn and the falling fruit And the long journey towards oblivion Have you built your ship of death,O have you?" - D. H. Lawrence

Who knew good 'ol D. H. and I were such kindred spirits?

I am going to make an effort though, this year, to feel like this:



“Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
-Emily Bronte

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf's a flower."
- Albert Camus

Really, I'm going to try.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You beat me to it. But I requoted the one about "every leaf is a flower" on my site, because I liked it. Hope you have a very happy Autumn!

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is there an "N" at the end of Autumn? It's enough to make somebody not like it. So I just call it FALL, with a silient L.
:)

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting though that the color most often found in your wardrobe is brown and that the other colors are considered to be the earth tone colors.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Ryan said...

the colors, I love! it's the cold, and the dying,the wet smelly piles of leaves and the impending feeling of sadnees I always get. But wait! I'm not focusing on those things this year! Nope not at all. and thanks for noticing my almost monochromatic wardrobe a:)

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the love of all that is good and decent, please replace the droopy dead wet leaf picture!!

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home