Tuesday, October 03, 2006

october is beginning swimmingly

So in my last post, I mentioned that I was feeling that something was going to go wrong. I attributed this feeling to the simple fact that it is October, and... well... October is the worst month ever. In retrospect, I think I was just experiencing a little ESP.

Last night, during an insane thunderstorm, we lost our power. A ridiculous amount of rain was falling and the pumps which keep my basement from becoming a wading pool require electricity. What resulted was a flurry of running around with flashlights in otherwise pitch darkness, moving all of our stuff (me tripping and falling over most of it), bailing the patio, a lot of mopping, and constructing intricate towel paths to channel the streams of water seeping into the house from...wait for it...THREE different places- toward a drain which itself was filling rapidly, all until around 1 a.m.

It could have been much worse. We could have been asleep, or Tom could have been out of town. Nothing of importance got damaged. Man, I'm just saying it was stressful, and there's still a lot of clean-up to do. And unfortunately, I still have that impending feeling in my stomach that something bad is going to happen. We've already covered 'darkness' 'hail' and 'flood.' I guess I'll keep my eyes open for locusts and the other eight plagues.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I half expected you to go into the song "Something Bad" from Wicked. I can relate to the plagues, I've had them (floods, investation of pharoh ants etc).
Not fun. But stop blaming October. It's a nice month. Just don't get married in it if your last name is O'Connor. 100 percent divorce rate. But I digress now, i guess it's catchy when you are on this site. Hope things have dried up, and nothing baaaaad will happen.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home