Saturday, July 07, 2007

belated announcement

Fans of Kari's blog will be happy to hear she welcomed a happy, healthy Lyric to the planet on May 31.


I made a trip out there last month to meet her, hang out with Kar and Kev and get in all the baby cuddling time I could.

This was me the majority of the time:



I love sleeping babies. Awake ones are nice too, but there's something about a warm, deep breathing, swaddled newborn.

On previous visits to SF, Kar and I have found ourselves glassy eyed, and a little fuzzy in the brain at 3 in the morning. This trip was no exception, but this time it was for different reasons. The little bean had her days and nights mixed up a bit.

Kar and I were able to take some walks, do some shopping, and even make fondue. Speaking of shopping, while carrying Lyric along with nursing bras and alternatives to nursing bras back and forth from rack to dressing room, I learned that holding a newborn is an invitation for perfect strangers to stop you, ask questions (date of birth, sex, weight, name rank and serial number), and give unsolicited advice on baby care.

So we're going with "Aunt Kath" for my title. Even though it sounds a bit Aunt Bea, it has an element of Aunt Jenny that we both kind of dig.

Looking forward to their visit in Dec.

Until then Lyric is dealing with the hounding paparazzzi:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kari McCarthy said...

who is that adorable little boxing baby?

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home