Wednesday, April 16, 2008

high brow humor


The latest joke around the house goes a little something like this:

Straight man: Hey, how are you feeling today?

Laugh getter: Better... Better get a bucket.BLAAAAH!!!!!!

I don't know how this started exactly, but I believe Uncle Mike and K were the first two comedians. Once they had their act down, with K giving a perfect delivery, first saying "Better" in a very serious contemplative way followed by the boisterous "Better get a bucket!" followed by, well, the sounds of mock-zooking. Then E got into the act. So funny.

Then J started running around saying "Better get a bucket!! BLAAAH!!!!" "Better get a bucket!! BLAAAH!!!!" "Better get a bucket!! BLAAAH!!!!" "Better get a bucket!! BLAAAH!!!!"

He has since refined his delivery to actually being the straight man. Sweetly coming up to me and saying, "How you feeling today Mommy?" He doesn't care how I feel, he just wants me and everyone else he asks to give the punch line.

I feel sorry for everyone he is asking who are not in on the joke. He is so disappointed when people respond with, "Oh, just fine, so nice of you to ask."

Because his response is : NOOOO! You have to say "Better get a bucket!! BLAAAH!!!!"

I do love that their delivery and timing are spot on.
And It's a good thing we don't have any state dinners to attend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll never forget the first time I heard that. I walked in the room and Kailey was just laying there on the couch. You told me to ask her how she was feeling. I was totally set up. Her delivery was perfect, it was so funny!

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know why Jack keeps asking me how I am feeling

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guessing the theory that he's concerned for you health just went out the window....blaaaaah!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home