Monday, October 06, 2008

shelf-esteem


Some of my more astute readers may have noticed a new feature on my sidebar. Over there --> on the right. Scroll down a bit...there you go.

It is a random list of some of the books I own. Library Thing is the latest site where I've spent time that would probalby be better spent elsewhere. I don't have every book I own listed there (That would take WAY too much time) but it's a fun thing to add to when I need a break from whatever writers block or problem I'm currently stuggling with.

And I've decided to dedicate a post to it because I've been told people are getting tired of seeing "sickly leaves" everytime they click over here.

So there you go! Happy browsing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! Goodbye sickly leaves.

Do you have an ALL TIME favorite book?

8:30 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Ryan said...

mmmm
that's hard to say, so i guess not.
even though it's not a book, hamlet is my favorite all time thing to read. i always find something new, and i love the characters and the language. of all my poetry books, i feel the same way about the complete poems of stephen crane. i tried to give myself the "destert island" test using a single book, and i kept coming back to wizard and glass. but that just may be the mood i'm in today.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the "most times read" in your entire life? Doesn't have to be an all time favorite.

Although it has been many years since I've read it, you may have the same as mine:

The Outsiders.

We would read it then turn back to page one. I wonder...is E old enough to read it?

3:26 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Ryan said...

me too!!!!

i went thru that phase when i read it then started over and read it again and again because it starts the way it ends.

plus i used to teach it to my 8th graders so, yeah!

although i think good night moon might be right up there if we consider the last 10 years :)

i just read how the movie is celebrating 25 years since its release. yikes!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Ryan said...

oh and i should reread it with "e's eyes" and check it out.

parents die...same as every disney movie

there's gang fighting... just a street version of battles in narnia

smoking and drinking...well that's just breakfast around here!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home