Thursday, October 16, 2008

a spooky, scary, slimy story



It was a dark an chewy night. The wind was paying through the trees, and off in the distance, the wolves were howling at the hippy. I wanted to get home as fast as my ventilation shafts could carry me. My tummy was pounding, and my breath was coming in red polka-dotted gasps. Suddenly, I felt the waffle-ironish hand of a Jack-o-lantern touch my neck, and I screamed quickly. The monster lifted me off the tricornered hat and threw me onto the blue ground. Then, with his pimply hands, he tried to cartwheel the soccer out of me. I screamed so loudly, I woke up every beer in the forest. My scream awakened me too. I was having a crinkle-y nightmare.

Gotta love Halloween Mad-Libs! Can you guess which words were fill-in-the-blank?
Can you guess the words chosen by E, K, and J?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty sure that J said "Tummy",
E said "ventilation shaft" and K said "Hippie".

Very cute story.

Gotta love those Mad-libs.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to know which one of the kids choose the word beer or is it a freudian slip of the keyboard?

12:15 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Ryan said...

Laura you are correct on all counts!

Annon...Nope K said beer. There was a can sitting on the table at the time, so we can go with power of suggestion, or I am in big trouble in the next 8-10 years.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real question is....

Is she still single?

(I thought beer was a typo and was supposed to be "bear").

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home