Sunday, November 09, 2008

pink vs. blue


Long ago when E was 3-ish, she and I were playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors."

Instead of putting out her index and middle fingers to give the international symbol for "scissors" she only used her index finger.
I stared at the didget and asked, "What's that?"
She contemplated the finger for a beat, and then replied, "A tulip stem!"

J had the same misfire the other day, and I asked what his lone finger represented.

He quickly replied, "A knife!"

We never established what beat what in terms of either gesture, but I thought it was quite telling from a nature vs. nurture standpoint.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids are so funny! I do remember the tulip stem. It does say a lot regarding boys will be boys and girls will be girls.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home