Monday, July 03, 2006

short geeky review


I should be working as well as cleaning out my basement as well as entertaining my kids, so this post will not be as longwinded and dorky as a DMB concert post from me would normally be. But I did want to get down the gist of it and the set list for future reference.

It was a great show. We were there early so we got to see Dave come out and introduce his opening act. I love that he does that. He just casually wanders out, the sparse crowd goes nuts and he's low key and funny and introduces the band.

So, they brought out a lot of great older stuff including "Seek Up" and "Pay For What You Get" which were great to see live. The new songs sounded really good, I especially like "Break Free." Our seats were very close but way off to the side. Luckily, the way the stage was set up, we had a great view. We could only see the front of the drum kit, so we couldn't see Carter 'cept on the screens. The band seemed to be really happy and enjoying themselves. I liked the addition of Rashawn Ross, a trumpet player touring with them this year. Poor Dave kept shaking out his left arm like it was hurting him though. Very few raindrops, which was good because we were so far off to the side that if it poured we would have gotten wet. The crowd around us was fun. I was very happy, lots of smiling and dancing.

When they finished we trudged up the hill to see the encore from up there so we could get out more quickly. It was a FOUR song encore! And it included "Crush" which is my absolute favorite song. It was definitely one of the best shows I've seen. Here's the setlist.

One Sweet World *
When The World Ends *
Hunger For The Great Light *
What Would You Say
Rhyme & Reason *
Seek Up *
Grey Street *
Pay For What You Get
So Much To Say *
Too Much *
Jimi Thing *
Crash Into Me
kill The King *
Where Are You Going
Break Free *
Louisiana Bayou *
__________________

Sister [Dave Solo]
Cant Stop
Crush *
Ants Marching *

Okay, must go edit, clean, and play.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice review, I'm glad you enjoyed the show!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home